|Charles Camsell Hosital|
The Camsell is best known for flickering lights, screams at night and security guards posted to keep would-be ghost hunters away. The hospital opened in 1945 at a Jesuit college, (here) becoming a federally operated tuberculosis sanatorium for Inuit and First Nations patients. The current asbestos-lined structure was erected across the street in 1967, evolving into a general acute-care hospital by the 1970s. It's unlikely the haunting is spectral-voiced Roy Orbison, though the crooner checked in with bronchitis for more than a month in 1984. It was shuttered in 1996, and plans to retrofit the facility repeatedly fell through. The building eventually sold for $3.6 million in 2004. Vacant for the past 15 years, the building's mystique has been bolstered by rumours of rampant abuse and legends of a mass grave.