Friday, July 9, 2010

Fr. James Martin, S.J., " Will This Get Me In Trouble?"

Sometimes when I'm writing or speaking, even to small groups, I find myself thinking not "What would God want me to say?" But “Will this get me in trouble?”  It’s not surprising.  Occasionally, during my talks I’ll spy humorless men and women furiously taking notes.  The other night it happened during a talk on a particularly incendiary topic: joy.  Ironically, I am probably one of the most theologically conservative Catholics you'll ever meet.......Another irony: I'm sure that even writing this blogpost will lead people to think I'm a dissenter--even though I've not dissented from any teaching. 
I'm sure that out there in the blogosphere are those same self-appointed guardians 
ready to pounce on any whiff of disagreement or critique and somehow twist it into dissent.
 
Link (here) to read full blog post in context by Fr. James Martin, S.J. entitled "Is This A Fear Based Church"

No comments: