Thursday, December 18, 2008

Actress Names Son Ignatius

Cate Blanchett, who has three sons with husband Andrew Upton, says it is her “responsibility” to have lots of children because she is “halfway decent-looking” and makes “nice ones”.

Cate Blanchett says it is her “responsibility” to have lots of children because she is “halfway decent-looking”. The 39-year-old actress – who has three sons, Dashiell, seven, Roman, four and eight-month-old Ignatius, with husband Andrew Upton – thinks it is her duty to procreate more because she has such attractive kids. She said:
“The world is so massively overpopulated, but if you're halfway decent-looking and you make nice ones, then I think it's probably your responsibility to make more. That's why we just have to have more of them!”
Cate also denied she and Andrew chose the name Ignatius for their baby as a tribute to outrageous rocker Iggy Pop, insisting it is in honor of Ignatius Loyola, the founder of the Society of Jesus. She explained to Interview magazine: “Of course one thinks of Iggy Pop. But it's Ignatius Loyola.” Cate - who can next be seen starring alongside Brad Pitt in the Golden Globe nominated ‘The Curious Case of Benjamin Button’ - added she has grown up a lot since she started acting. She said: “On the subject of change, I reckon I used to seek out dangerous experiences in certain situations. But since I've acted more, I somehow have that sense of danger and the adrenalin rush that comes with it, in my work, so I don't need to have it in my life as much.”

Link (here)

No comments: