Saturday, July 19, 2008

Former Swiss Jesuit Seminarian Now A Methodist Pastor

Methodists pick new pastor
Jul 16 08 - 02:30 PMA new pastor has been named at Berta A. Penney Memorial United Methodist Church – Mark Ramsperger, a native of Switzerland.

Recognizing his gift for ministry, Ramsperger entered a Jesuit seminary in Fribourg, Switzerland. Differences of opinion led to his leaving seminary, against his family’s wishes.

I never denounced God, having been a believer all my life, but started a career in the secular world instead. I had the opportunity to get into the computer industry from its infancy, where I made a career as a consultant until coming to the United States in the mid 1980s.
Read the full story (here)
Photo is of the University of Fribourg

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This would have been a far better vocational match for a number of the Jebbies at my high school and that I later worked with... Methodist minister that is.