Monday, June 23, 2008

My Old Lab At Jesuit

Harry Connick, Jr reflecting upon his new movie about pharmacutical cancer research, entitled, "Living Proof". Connick plays the lead character Dr. Denny Slamon, a real-life UCLA cancer researcher.


"When I saw Slamon's lab, I thought I was going into something that would look like a set of 'Star Trek,' " he said. "It looked like my lab at Jesuit (Jesuit High School in New Orleans). It was old and dusty. I said, 'Man, this is after all the money's been spent?' You can imagine there's almost a bottomless pit for any kind of money they raise, and it's going to the right place."



Link to the full article entitled, Harry Connick Jr.'s new Lifetime movie raises money for breast cancer research in the Times Picayune (here)
More on Harry at Connick.com

No comments: