Saturday, March 8, 2008

Andy McNutt Former Southern Baptist Minister, Now Catholic Lay Evangelist

I am scheduled to appear on television Monday.
I'll be Marcus Grodi's guest on EWTN's "The Journey Home" television program. The Journey Home airs on Monday's at 7 pm Central on EWTN. Since I got my invitation, people have been telling me that they are going to watch me and that they will be praying for me. Well, folks, I'm calling in those favors. I want your prayers. Why? Not just because of my nerves, but because of what I feel is riding on this show appearance.

You see, I've been wanting to be on Marcus' show for a while because I feel that the way God has dealt with me over the past 15 years has a message for cradle Catholics, Catholic converts, and even non-Catholics, whether they are exploring the Church or not. I have seen such a HUGE spiritual change in my life that I want others to know THIS IS POSSIBLE.

It's not psychological, it's not triumphalism, it's not emotional, it's not anything people might seek to use as a label to "excuse away" what has happened TO me and IN me. The answer is one word - Grace. Grace, not just a concept of kindness or mercy, but ACTUAL supernatural grace has changed EVERYTHING. I'll never be the same again. How will I convey that to the global audience watching EWTN? I've been wrestling with this for weeks, trying to shorten my testimony to fit in the allotted time and agonizing over which details have to be left out.

Many of you have read my story before, and many of you have heard portions of my testimony in the various talks and sessions I've delivered over the last five years. Those posts and those witnesses only barely scrape the surface of what has occurred in my life by God's love and mercy. And, yes, that's why the book is in the works. But, back to my request, I want your prayers.

I know and I'm 100% sure that the Holy Spirit is in charge and that He will provide me with the right things to say. This is His gig, not mine. I am also 100% sure that God uses the prayers of the faithful to work and move. After all, we are family, co heirs with Christ and fellow laborers for His Kingdom. So will you pray for me? I know the answer, and I appreciate your willingness to support me.

Link to Andy Mcnutts blog New Musings Of A Catholic Convert, his post is entitled, The Journey Home On EWTN.
A neat website cataloguing Baptist conversion stories called Excerpts of INRI (here)
How the Catholic Church describes a Baptist (here) and How the Baptist Church describes itself (here)
Jesuit, Fr. Joseph Fitzmyer was a member of the USCCB joint conference with the Southern Baptist Convention (here)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the club!

We should have hats made!

Fr. John Zuhlsdorf

www.colchones.cn said...

Thank you for this article, really useful material.