Saturday, October 6, 2007

Karen Hall And Her Favorite Jesuits

Karen Hall is "off the chain!" and she is "taking no prisoners!"
Read the full story at Discounted Jesuits
That's right, for a limited time only, up to 50% off on all Jesuits faithful to the Magisterium.
But seriously. I want to offer for discussion the problem of discounted Jesuits. And I want to note that "discounted" is a polite, watered-down word. It isn't entirely accurate, because generally when you discount someone you leave them alone. You don't wage open war against them. But for the purposes of this post, we'll use "discounted."
I've been informed lately, and many times over the years, that I am enamored by a Society of Jesus that has never existed anywhere except in my mind. The way I think Jesuits should be is not what St. Ignatius envisioned and there are no Jesuits who match what I see in my head. "What St. Ignatius envisioned" is arguably subjective, so we'll leave that one alone. I want to offer some thoughts on the non-existent Jesuits in my head who, I'd like to propose, are actually real Jesuits who are discounted by the Jesuits who do not agree with them.

No comments: